WAS 8.5.5 Stop/start Node and App Server on Command Line with Console Security
TexFreddy
2016-02-22 15:47:03 UTC
WAS 8.5.5.7 with admin console security turned on. AIX.

So I'm developing a script to stop and restart WAS Node and App Server. Console security it turned ON. Logged in as "root".

The script runs, and when attempting to run the stopNode script, the window pops up to allow the ID and password of the admin creds to be entered. I enter the creds and continue. Same thing for the stopServer piece. It will ask me for the ID and password of the administrative user.

But, when running the startNode, or startServer script, it does NOT ask for any ID or password.

How do we get around having to manually enter in the ID and password during the stopNode and stopServer commands? Why isn't WAS asking for ID/PW during the startNode and startServer?

In WAS 7.x, it does NOT ask for the ID/PW when stopping and starting Node or appserver.

Thanks
z***@gmail.com
2016-05-12 06:58:38 UTC
在 2016年2月22日星期一 UTC+8下午11:47:06,TexFreddy写道:
Post by TexFreddy
WAS 8.5.5.7 with admin console security turned on. AIX.
So I'm developing a script to stop and restart WAS Node and App Server. Console security it turned ON. Logged in as "root".
The script runs, and when attempting to run the stopNode script, the window pops up to allow the ID and password of the admin creds to be entered. I enter the creds and continue. Same thing for the stopServer piece. It will ask me for the ID and password of the administrative user.
But, when running the startNode, or startServer script, it does NOT ask for any ID or password.
How do we get around having to manually enter in the ID and password during the stopNode and stopServer commands? Why isn't WAS asking for ID/PW during the startNode and startServer?
In WAS 7.x, it does NOT ask for the ID/PW when stopping and starting Node or appserver.
Thanks
when you enable the global security for was, you need supply the admin user and passord when you run stopNode.sh or stopServer.sh or stopManager.sh
you could run these scripts with arguments -username and -password ,like this:
sh stopNode.sh -username admin -password admin
samikish
2016-05-13 13:26:05 UTC
The difference between challenged versus stop and start is by design. To get past having to authenticate, you can put credentials (recommended encoded or encrypted) in WAS_HOME/profiles/<profile>/properties/soap.client.properties. Fill in the credentials for com.ibm.SOAP.loginUserid and com.ibm.SOAP.loginPassword.