Upgrading WAS 8.5.5 JDK 6 to 7 Fail
TexFreddy
2015-11-10 20:48:34 UTC
Trying to upgrade the installed JDK in WAS8.5.5 from 6 to 7.0. But it's failing.

First of all I tried to add the repository
http://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.websphere.IBMJAVA.v70

in the Install/Repository Manager, but it fails (message says repository does not exist, repository is closed, or the repository can't be reached.)

Secondly, I downloaded the

* 7.0.9.10-WS-IBMWASJAVA-part1.zip
* 7.0.9.10-WS-IBMWASJAVA-part2.zip

I unzipped them into a folder, then ran this after listing the available packages command. I'm doing this as 'root'. All the install files' permissions are wide open.

./imcl install com.ibm.websphere.IBMJAVA.v70_7.0.9010.20150820_1342 -repositories /downloads/WAS855/JAVA -installationDirectory /usr/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer -acceptLicense -sP

This is what I get:

ERROR: Failed to find required installation files.

CRIMA1161E ERROR: Failed to find required installation files.

Installation Manager did not find required installation files from the repository.An issue has occurred with the package that cannot be resolved by Installation Manager.

If the repository files were transferred from a different location before the installation, verify that the files were not altered during the transfer operation. Copy the repository files to a different location and install from that location. If the repository files were not transferred note the package name and version number and contact customer support.

ERROR: 'plug-in com.ibm.was.jdk7.moreinfo_7.0.0.20120119_0100' not found in /download/WAS855/JAVA.

ERROR: 'plug-in com.ibm.ws.detect.running.process.jdk.v7_7.0.0.20120310_0100' not found in /download/lawson/JAVA.

I'm trying to see if a Passport Advantage is available.

Thank you in advance,
Fred
t***@gmail.com
Did you find resolution to the above error. I'm getting the same issue.
Steve Freeman
2016-01-30 16:04:45 UTC
Did you unzip to the SAME folder? Archive 2 is an extension of archive 1. If they're in different folders, the repository will be incomplete.
s***@ztech.io
2016-08-04 16:05:59 UTC
Post by Steve Freeman
Did you unzip to the SAME folder? Archive 2 is an extension of archive 1. If they're in different folders, the repository will be incomplete.
I experienced the same issue and the following was the resolution from IBM

You should first install base JDK 7.0 then apply above mentioned fixpack files. To install base JDK 7.0, download the following three part number images from passport advantage site and extract all of them into one single directory then follow below link instructions to install base JDK 7.0 then apply the fixapck as you tried before.

CIUC7ML,
CIUC8ML,
CIUC9ML

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.installation.nd.doc/ae/tins_installation_jdk7_cl.html

More information can be found in the below link on optional jdk.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/aimsupport/entry/installing_optional_java_7_x_on_websphere_application_server_8_5_0_0?lang=en